Monday, September 20, 2010

a constant state of confusion

One word.
Renovations.

Yup. That's what my family is living through right now.
And it's starting to get to me.

I'm sleeping in the living room, and the brilliant light streaming in through the unshaded windows wakes me up before I want too, and refuses to let me sleep again.
Oh well. We're mucking our way through things. I'm sure the final result will be more than worth it. But it's all this in between stuff that's the trial.
I mean, all six of us are surviving in this tight space, so why would we need to build further out the back?


Monday's are my crazy day.
I have voice lessons at 10:00am.
The Superkid has Gymnastics after lunch.
Then we rush me off to Piano and Flute lessons right after that.


But after 4pm things 'settle down', and I'm left with the relative peace that is my house.
The tight quarters are tough. But I'm not hating it.
We all are seeing more of each other now. That's for sure.
Especially since Dad hurt his knee, he's been off work ever since, so our house is even more crowded all day long.
At least it gives us plenty of time to bond.
And it forces us to keep the house clean. Is that a curse or a blessing? I haven't made my mind up about that yet.

This weekend was busy/stressful/totally crazy. My mom drove all over the city getting me to my various activities.
I had an audition on Friday for a local youth production of Romeo and Juliet.
Then Saturday morning I had a Glee Club rehearsal and right after that I had a call back for the show I auditioned for.
I actually had to leave early from my rehearsal to get there on time.
Some of my friends at the rehearsal had callbacks for the exact same role at the exact same time, so I offered my mothers services to them.
Yes. I was helping the competition. Oh well. I'm a nice person. What can I do about that?
After I the call back, which I actually really enjoyed(it was my first call back in the history of my life, and what a great learning experience. Cold reads aren't as utterly terrifying as I would have imagined), my mom drove me over to my Youth Advisory Council(YAC, I may mention it several times as it is, and has been, a pretty big part of my life for the past 4 years) meeting.
Stayed there until 4:30pm when my mom came to take me back to the studio where I had my callback, so I could go to the production meeting.
I'm volunteering as a young apprentice. I get to learn about costume and set design. I'm actually so excited about that!
The funny thing is one of the girls who left the YAC meeting early was there too! If only we had know we could have given her a ride there in the first place.
Oh well.
The meeting was interesting. And I'm excited to get to work on the production.
After the meeting I offered my mother's services(yet again) to my friend who was there, and we took her home.
It was a long day. But I really enjoyed it.

The wait for the casting e-mails was excruciating.  You play out every possible scenario in your mind.
Not getting in. Getting the lead. Getting the role you were called back for. Not getting the role you were called back for. Getting chorus.
Basically everything and anything that could happen gets played out in your mind over and over again.

I finally heard yesterday evening. I got the role I was called back for. Not necessarily the role I wanted. But really, what girl there didn't want Juliet?

I got Sampson. I get to bite my thumb and draw my naked weapon. I mean, that's way cooler than anything Juliet does. I mean, for real.

I'm actually pretty excited. The character only has lines in one scene. But I get to fight. I mean. Just give me a weapon and teach me some safe violence and I'll be happy as can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment