Tuesday, September 14, 2010

sneaking up

The busyness of the new year is slowly sneaking up on me.

I had my first lesson with my new piano teacher, and I really liked it.
I'm excited to see where it goes from here.
We still have to get to know each other a bit more. But we're definitely off to a good start.

I also started flute lessons up again. It was my first one back since my exam at the beginning of August.
My goal is to get my Grade 8 RCM before the years up. But that means a lot of work on my part.
I have a bunch of new scales I have to learn, and I need work really hard on the ones I already know.
 Because, let me tell you, scales are not my forte.
The pieces will be getting harder, but I can handle it.

I can do it. But it'll take a lot of brain power on my part.

I started my first on-line course yesterday. It was a bit stressful because my Internet connection kept cutting out, so I had a hard time listening to the live chat meeting, and sending in my assignment. Hopefully we get the Internet thing sorted out soon.
It drives me crazy when something is out of my hands and there is nothing I can do in the moment to fix it.

There has to be a better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment