Monday, September 6, 2010

the last days of a golden summer...

The weather is making these last few days of summer... less than ideal.
It's too cold to want to go the beach or hang outside and way too rainy and unpredictable to be able to.

We soaked up the sun while we could, but now it seems like the cold weather is here to stay, for a while anyway.

The last few days have been cold, but fun. I worked around the weather as best I could.
I went to my cousins back yard wedding, but because of the weather(I'm seeing a theme here...) they had to move it inside. It would have been lovely outside, but it was nice and dry in the hall.

It was a very casual wedding, I almost felt over dresses, which was strange.The ceremony was nothing exciting. There were several kids in the wedding party which was super cute.

The best part was the reception and dancing. We were only there for the first half of the night, but that's fine by me.
I brought a friends and we partied with the kids. My siblings loved the dancing, especially the Princess. That girl has some pretty good moves for a 6-year-old.
It was mostly just the kids and us on the dance floor. We did the Chicken Dance, the Macarena, even the Hoki Poki. But the songs became slow way too fast, and that was no fun. Who wants to party to something slow and emotional.
I get that its a wedding and certain sentiment should be allowed. But really. The kids just wanted to DANCE!


We are planning on renovations in the coming month, so our basement is in a state of confusion right now. I'm suppose to be emptying my room... but it's way harder than I thought.
I have to think of what I'm going to use over the next few weeks, and put away what I won't. Easier said than done.
My room is almost bare, but I still have some work to do.
I'm excited to get an up-dated basement, that's for sure. Fake wood paneling can't help but date its self. We're ripping out the old pink carpet and making me a real wall(as opposed to the velcroed curtain I currently have).

Tomorrow school starts. At least for those who have to go back that is. I'm still enjoying my homeschooled freedom as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment