Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Last Day of September

So much for being a blog neglector. I'm going to post twice in one day.

We went to the Cricket Place again today. I guess it's sort of become a Thursday thing for us.
After the kids are done their farm program dad and I meet them over that the nature area for lunch and some bug hunting.
I couldn't help but crack out my little Canon Elf again.

This picture basically sums up our entire September.




The leaves were all taking on their autumn hues. Something that completely changes the landscape.


I'm not sure what kind of insect this is. But it started my own bug hunting today.



I'm getting pretty good at spotting the creepy crawlies and using my impeccable stealth to capture them on my Elf unawares.



Oh to be little and completely unreserved again.






We've learned not to let mom wander too far off. She has a tendency of getting lost in the wilderness.



The Princess has always been more interested in the dainty, fluttery variety of insects.



This was probably my favourite bug photo of the day.
After the Cricket Place we let dad go home and the rest of us headed over to another farm. We come to this place every year, and have done so for at least years.
They have a huge corn maze out back, and some fun kid sized play things, as well as pumpkins and decorative gourds and corn for sale in the front.


What a pair!


A sure sign of fall.


This huge spider had made his web behind the barn.







I love the greenery that is starting to take over the side of this silo.




What beautiful coloured creatures!
They must know that they look absolutely fabulous on their chosen pearch.
 

My bug obsession might be getting a bit out of control.



 Today was a fabulous way to end September. The weather was incredible and the fun unending. I never really fully appreciate a day out with the kids until we're out in the middle of it.

2 comments:

  1. RACHEL!!!!!

    This is a fabulous blog!!! kudos to you my lovely friend :)
    Your photography is epic, truly neat - all of our survival and bug-catching adventures as kids must have stuck :P
    How long have you been blogging? It's grand, I must say. I shall look forward to seeing more posts and photos :) I MISS YOU! We NEED to see each other, prontissimo. Yup. Otherwise my homeschooled heart is gonna shrivel I think.
    I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've taken some AMAZING shots here, Rachel!!
    And by the way, you can be unreserved and BIG at the same time: it isn't just for the little people!!
    ~kerryann

    ReplyDelete